Castle's Future Farmers of America are selling IMU tickets for Thanksgiving. All proceeds benefit Castle's FFA Agriculture Program.
Bring your TURKEY or CHICKEN to roast in their imu. Easy peazy! Tickets may be purchased from the school office NOW.
IMU PREP / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: 808-227-5324
On 11/27/19 (Wednesday)
- Thaw and season whole turkey or chicken – up to 25 lbs
- You may use a turkey bag to keep juices in
- Wrap bird TIGHTLY in heavy duty aluminum foil 6 times around
3 times around long ways
3 times around short ways
- Masking tape around length and width to keep foil tight - go around 3 times each way
- Write your first and last name with permanent marker on the masking tape. Failure to do so may result in you receiving the wrong bird.
- Place bird in disposable aluminum foil pan
- Drop it off to the Agriculture Shop (come through the cafeteria / tennis courts gate on Kaneohe Bay Drive) between 3:00 and 5:00 PM
- Turn in your ticket and receive a claim ticket
On 11/28/19 (Thursday)
- Bring your claim ticket
- Bring a pan, cooler or plastic bags to contain the juices from the turkey at pickup
- Pick up your cooked turkey between 9:00 and 11:00 AM
We will have a table with string and tape in case your bird needs to be rewrapped
- CUTTING AND PREPPING WOOD - Volunteers needed any time!
- TUE 26h: 12:00 - 5:00 PM to help prepare banana stumps
- WED 27st: 5-9 PM to load turkeys and close imu
- THRS 28th: 8AM - 2:00 PM to unload turkeys, distribute, close up imu and clean up
Download instructions here.
For more information, contact Carlos Severson at (808) 227-5324.Updated 11/14/19